A great dessert or post-workout shake!
- 1-2 Cups Ice Cubes
- 1¾ Cups – Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1-2 Scoops Purium MVP Chocolate Protein Powder
- ½ Ripe Banana
- 1 Tbsp. PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1Tbsp or a Squirt Hershey’s Simply 5 Chocolate Syrup (part of your 10% indulgence!)
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Nectar*, Agave, or 1 Packet Pure Stevia*
- 1 Tbsp. Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp. raw Cocao Powder*
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep chilled. Best if consumed within 2 hours.
* Coconut Nectar – low glycemic sweetener from coconut blossom, unlike Agave Nectar it is raw so the better option, but a bit more expensive. Has a delicious caramel flavor and pulls the shake together so it’s creamier than adding Stevia, but adds more calories.
* Stevia – make sure it is pure; many will add other less healthy sweeteners such as maltodextrin.
* Cacao is different from cocoa. Cacao is raw so retains all its nutrients and is high in antioxidants so considered a superfood. Cocoa is processed with alkali and usually has added sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.